Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Geralyn M Hollerman <gm...@louisiana.edu> on 2003/08/04 18:52:53 UTC

connection pooling - user vs. username

A question regarding Tomcat connection pooling - according to the JNDI
Datasource HOW-TO, the parameter for username should be placed in the
<ResourceParams> section thusly:

<parameter>
<name>username</name>
<value>xxxxxxxx</value>
/parameter>

But I've also seen this parameter also called just "user". According to
the docs, "Resource parameters are defined by name, and the precise set
of parameter names supported depend upon the resource manager (or object
factory) you are using - they must match the names of settable JavaBeans
properties on the corresponding factory class." This would seem to say
that it makes a difference whether "user" or "username" is used, but
I've seen working examples where either "user" or "username" is used,
and the same object factory is used. Which is it? I tried looking at the
API and didn't find an answer - anyone?

Thanks!
--
Lynn Hollerman.