Posted to dev@joshua.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/27 22:52:04 UTC

[IMPORTANT] FATAL: Can't find libken.so (libken.dylib on OS X) in $JOSHUA/lib

Hi Folks,
In our build logs [0], one can see the following logging

 T E S T S
Running TestSuite
WARN - sentence 0 too long 401, truncating to length 200
WARN - sentence 0 too long 401, truncating to length 200
WARN - sentence 0 too long 401, truncating to length 200
WARN - sentence 0 too long 401, truncating to length 200
tm_pt_0=-2.000 tm_glue_0=3.000 lm_0=-206.718 lm_0_oov=2.000
OOVPenalty=-200.000 | -198.000
ERROR - * FATAL: Can't find libken.so (libken.dylib on OS X) in $JOSHUA/lib
ERROR - *        This probably means that the KenLM library didn't compile.
ERROR - *        Make sure that BOOST_ROOT is set to the root of your boost
ERROR - *        installation (it's not /opt/local/, the default), change to
ERROR - *        $JOSHUA, and type 'ant kenlm'. If problems persist, see the
ERROR - *        website (joshua-decoder.org).
WARN - no grammars supplied!  Supplying dummy glue grammar.
WARN - no grammars supplied!  Supplying dummy glue grammar.
WARN - no grammars supplied!  Supplying dummy glue grammar.
WARN - no grammars supplied!  Supplying dummy glue grammar.
WARN - no grammars supplied!  Supplying dummy glue grammar.
WARN - no grammars supplied!  Supplying dummy glue grammar.
WARN - no grammars supplied!  Supplying dummy glue grammar.
WARN - no grammars supplied!  Supplying dummy glue grammar.

This means that we cannot run a Sonar analysis Job to see what a static
code analysis of the Joshua codebase looks like [1].

I thought we got rid of this stuff and it is now downloaded via the
download script. It seems that this is not the case.
Is anyone who has been working on unit tests more recently got a clue what
is going on?

[0] https://builds.apache.org/job/joshua_master/80/console

*Lewis*