Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Greg Pagendam-Turner <gr...@liftyourgame.com> on 2011/12/14 23:44:45 UTC

Got Selenium working

Hi,

After struggling for days I got Selenium working for my Tapestry app.

Basically when I ran the tests Firefox would start but then the test
would freeze.

Turns out that the version of Selenium pulled in by tapestry-test does
not work with Firefox 8.

The fix was to add the following to my pom.xml to exclude
tapestry-test's Selenium dependency and pull in the latest version 2.15.0:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
<artifactId>tapestry-test</artifactId>
<version>${tapestry-release-version}</version>
<scope>test</scope>
<exclusions>
<exclusion>
<groupId>org.seleniumhq.selenium</groupId>
<artifactId>selenium-server</artifactId>
</exclusion>
<exclusion>
<groupId>org.seleniumhq.selenium</groupId>
<artifactId>selenium-java</artifactId>
</exclusion>
</exclusions>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.seleniumhq.selenium</groupId>
<artifactId>selenium-server</artifactId>
<version>2.15.0</version>
<scope>test</scope>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.seleniumhq.selenium</groupId>
<artifactId>selenium-java</artifactId>
<version>2.15.0</version>
<scope>test</scope>
</dependency>