Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2008/04/15 23:09:45 UTC

Usability improvements to admin application

Hi,

I'm currently working on some usability improvements of the admin
application, in particular:
- popup lists to allow you to select contribution URIs, namespaces,
composite names, to save a lot of typing
- error reporting and better robustness of the admin agains erroneous
contributions and composites.

I'm also starting to implement the 'Search' function on the admin home
page (which currently says 'under construction'), which will make it
really easier to find things in the SCA domain. I have tried using
Apache Solr and it's light weight and seems to work well, I'd like to
get that working smoothly sometime this week.

If people are interested in trying the admin app, it would be great if
you could try it with your own scenarios or samples (as I've mostly used
it with the tutorial and calculator-distributed) and report or help fix
any JIRA issues you run into or suggest improvements as you use it.

Thanks!
--
Jean-Sebastien