Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> on 2003/06/09 08:25:56 UTC

Final steps for RC2

I believe all that's left is the last of the testing, and then pushing the
release itself out the door. Ted, I know you're heading out on Monday
morning. In case you don't have time to finish up, it looks like I'll have
some time to do that, just in time for JavaOne.

Just in case, I've built a release and created signatures and digests, and
even have a site2 update ready to go. If you'd like me to pick this up, I
think all I need to know is which testing still needs to happen. (I'd like
to avoid doing all of it, if possible, for time reasons. ;)

--
Martin Cooper

Re: Final steps for RC2

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Martin Cooper wrote:
> I believe all that's left is the last of the testing, and then pushing the
> release itself out the door. Ted, I know you're heading out on Monday
> morning. In case you don't have time to finish up, it looks like I'll have
> some time to do that, just in time for JavaOne.
>
> Just in case, I've built a release and created signatures and digests, and
> even have a site2 update ready to go. If you'd like me to pick this up, I
> think all I need to know is which testing still needs to happen. (I'd like
> to avoid doing all of it, if possible, for time reasons. ;)

Absolutely everything, including all the testing, was done and
checked-in except for this bug fix. So, the release you rolled should be
ready to go, Martin, and I'm +1 on releasing it.

(I did also note some issues with the Tiles app and TC3, but Tiles is an
optional component and we can always raise the bar for that in final, if
necessary.)

I'm leaving for the airport now, so if you could go ahead an tag, sign,
and post RC2, Martin, that would be great. (I guess that's why we call
us a team!)

About struts-legacy: I was in a hurry yesterday (had guests) and meant
to say its in "the release" directory.

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-struts/release/struts-legacy/

I didn't link it up on j.a.o, as I thought I would do that while posting
RC2. But it's "out there".

-Ted.