Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by David Garrett <da...@communication.concepts.cc> on 2002/10/04 00:45:20 UTC

JPEGTranscoder embeded PNG Problem

I am using Java 1.4, with batik 1.5beta4b

All is working OK except ...

I can't JPEGTranscode if the original SVG contains a "background" <g> with a base64 encoded PNG file.

The original SVG is displayed perfectly in the Adobe Viewer.

I have tested against the simple SaveAsJPEG which is the first example in the doco. The SaveAsJPEG  only works when I have do *not* have the "background" PNG graphic.

The resulting failure is a 5K jpg file which is all black when viewed

I have a 64K source file which I did not include in this mail

(If someone can help I will gladly forward it)

David

RE: JPEGTranscoder embeded PNG Problem

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

DG> I am using Java 1.4, with batik 1.5beta4b

DG> All is working OK except ...

DG> I can't JPEGTranscode if the original SVG contains a "background"
DG> <g> with a base64 encoded PNG file.

DG> The original SVG is displayed perfectly in the Adobe Viewer.

    Does it display in the Batik viewer?

DG> I have tested against the simple SaveAsJPEG which is the first
DG> example in the doco. The SaveAsJPEG only works when I have do
DG> *not* have the "background" PNG graphic.

DG> The resulting failure is a 5K jpg file which is all black when
DG> viewed

DG> I have a 64K source file which I did not include in this mail

DG> (If someone can help I will gladly forward it)

    Sure send it along...