Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Armageddon <ar...@gmx.net> on 2007/06/12 10:57:29 UTC

Outgoing filter ends in oom

Hi all,

I have written this email already to the user ml but there they said I
should talk to you:

I have a problem concerning the outgoing filter of apache 2.2.3 with mpm
worker from the debian repository.

the problem is the following:

when included a output filter, perl or c based, i get sometimes the
situation that a single apache process allocates all available memory
and swap. This ends in a oom situation.

I tried using a different mpm: prefork, but there is the problem that
the allocation process happens more often. With worker it happens 1 time
in 4-7 days.

I also tried limiting the allocation of memory by using the following
global configuration settings:

RLimitMEM 100000000 200000000
RLimitCPU 90 120
MaxMemFree 500000

Is there a possibility for preventing such a problem?

I didn't find such a problem using google and yahoo.

I would be very thankful for every help.

If you need more information I will try to give them.

Best regards

Oliver