Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Durham David Cntr 805CSS/SCBE <da...@scott.af.mil> on 2001/10/04 22:44:03 UTC

RE: Question about WAR and application deployment

If you use a file URL then it assumes that you are pointing to the file
or directory on the machine (server).  That means you have to put the
application on the server first, FTP, or some other means.  If you're
working locally it's much easier.

If you use some other url for the war parameter as in
'http://someserver/something.war' it will try to retrieve the file from
that spot and install it.  You would later reference your servlets, jsp
from the path as in http://localhost:8181/text/index.jsp

Hope this answers your question.

Dave Durham

Posted by Jose Escobar <je...@ahora.net>.
I am locally, and I did the install as I specified before:

http://localhost:8181/manager/install?path=/test&war=file:///C:/Program
Files/Apache Tomcat 4.0/webapps/test/

And if I go to http://localhost:8181/test/ServletName it says file not found
error