Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2006/05/25 22:12:49 UTC

Re: [classlib] JAPI data to drive packages to completion

On 25 May 2006 at 9:01, "Nathan Beyer" <nb...@kc.rr.com> wrote:

> That's what I've been using, so I would say it's a fairly good place
> to start.

So I'd noticed! ;-)

I've been keeping track of JAPI figures for just the bits of the API for
which we have contributions.  Currently (for the 1.5 api) the figures
are:

  Good    Bad    Missing
  93.98%  1.31%  4.7%

Your efforts have been quite significant in improving these figures.
(Watching these numbers is a bit more satisfying than watching the ones
that include all the 0% rows.  Although 20% is not at all bad and with
swing and awt on the way...)

At the current rate, it'll take 3 months to reach 100% for these
packages.  Pointing potential contributors at the JAPI pages would
undoubtedly help us get there quicker - there is still a fair amount
of "low hanging fruit".  I can post these figures once a week if it
gives people an incentive.

For amusement, I also checked the JAPI figures for classpath
(w/generics) for the same bits of the API.  They are:

  Good    Bad    Missing
  95.3%   0.00%  4.69%

Regards,
 Mark.