Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2011/11/16 07:14:48 UTC

regular build failures

Hi,

I'm guessing Olivier can help with this.

The builds regularly fail with this:

Nov 16, 2011 6:07:13 AM hudson.remoting.Channel$ReaderThread run
SEVERE: I/O error in channel channel
java.io.StreamCorruptedException
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1332)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:348)
	at hudson.remoting.Channel$ReaderThread.run(Channel.java:1087)
channel stopped
Destroying 1 processes
Destroying process..
Destroyed 1 processes
ERROR: Maven JVM terminated unexpectedly with exit code 0

Is that a Jenkins problem, or is Maven dying due to some other constraint (like, OOME)?

It's a pain to get failures all the time when nothing is broken.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: regular build failures

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Brett,

AFAIR, I had similar issue on Karaf, but only on one Jenkins machine
(I'm gonna check which one to see if it's not the same).

Sure that Olivier can help on that ;)

Regards
JB

On 11/16/2011 07:14 AM, Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm guessing Olivier can help with this.
>
> The builds regularly fail with this:
>
> Nov 16, 2011 6:07:13 AM hudson.remoting.Channel$ReaderThread run
> SEVERE: I/O error in channel channel
> java.io.StreamCorruptedException
> 	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1332)
> 	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:348)
> 	at hudson.remoting.Channel$ReaderThread.run(Channel.java:1087)
> channel stopped
> Destroying 1 processes
> Destroying process..
> Destroyed 1 processes
> ERROR: Maven JVM terminated unexpectedly with exit code 0
>
> Is that a Jenkins problem, or is Maven dying due to some other constraint (like, OOME)?
>
> It's a pain to get failures all the time when nothing is broken.
>
> - Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter
> brett@apache.org
> http://brettporter.wordpress.com/

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: regular build failures

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2011/11/16 Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm guessing Olivier can help with this.
>
> The builds regularly fail with this:
>
> Nov 16, 2011 6:07:13 AM hudson.remoting.Channel$ReaderThread run
> SEVERE: I/O error in channel channel
> java.io.StreamCorruptedException
>        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1332)
>        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:348)
>        at hudson.remoting.Channel$ReaderThread.run(Channel.java:1087)
> channel stopped
> Destroying 1 processes
> Destroying process..
> Destroyed 1 processes
> ERROR: Maven JVM terminated unexpectedly with exit code 0
>
> Is that a Jenkins problem, or is Maven dying due to some other constraint (like, OOME)?
Jenkins problem !.
And here the only way to fix is to restart the node (and IMHO the master too).
I already tried to figure out what's the issue and found a pattern but
never succeeded as it's happen only on huge load with huge jenkins
instance as the asf one.

> It's a pain to get failures all the time when nothing is broken.
>
> - Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter
> brett@apache.org