Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mark Stosberg <ma...@summersault.com> on 2006/08/24 19:40:27 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_throttle status pages quit working [SumsaultRT #3894]

Hello,

I noticed an unusual behavior with mod_throttle/3.1.2 recently. Although
our config files didn't change (that I've away me), the throttle status
pages don't get served anymore. Instead, 404 pages are returned.

I have a number of other indications that mod_throttle is installed and
working. It shows up in the Apache signature, it writes out the
"runtime" file at server shutdown time, and a user actually went over
their bandwidth quota.

The related lines in httpd.conf look really simple enough:
(This is Apache 1.3)

LoadModule throttle_module    libexec/mod_throttle.so
AddModule mod_throttle.c
<IfModule mod_throttle.c>
        <Location /throttle-me>
        SetHandler throttle-me
        </Location>

        <Location /~*/throttle-me>
        SetHandler throttle-me
        </Location>
#       ThrottleClientIP 200 Request 200 2m
        ThrottleMaxDelay 60
</IfModule>

There are a couple of recent changes which could possibly be related:

- The machine was upgraded from FreeBSD 4.x to FreeBSD 6.x.   These are
still the 4.x binaries, running through the compatibility layer.

- PHP was recently upgraded and then downgraded, as part of discovering
the 4.x vs. 6.x compatibility issue.

Any ideas on what might have caused the mod_throttle status URLs to quit
working, or tips for further troubleshooting?

Thanks!

   Mark