Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org> on 2012/02/23 01:04:01 UTC

[jr3 clustering and Apache ZooKeeper]

Hi,

What do people think about using Apache ZooKeeper (Thanks Bertrand for
bringing this up) for the various tasks related to clustering in
Jackrabbit 3? Possible areas where it might be helpful is for building
atomic commitment protocols, quorum consensus algorithms and distributed
lock management.

Does anyone on the list have prior experience with ZooKeeper in such
scenarios?

Michael

Re: [jr3 clustering and Apache ZooKeeper]

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

> my hands on experience with zookeeper is quite limited
> but when I had to use it a couple of years ago to get
> HBase running it wasn't that easy to use and required
> quite some effort to setup.
>
> if we decide to use it, then we should definitively make
> sure that it is well integrated with jr3 and does not
> require additional installation steps.

Yes that's my thinking too: while it might help us getting some of the
arcane details involved right, it shouldn't OTOH add too much additional
complexity.

Michael

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.
Hi,