Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by wgap <GA...@ONR.NAVY.MIL> on 2008/12/23 19:51:24 UTC

problem with simple wicket application (http error 403)

I am having trouble getting a simple wicket application to work.

The problem is: when I try to test the deployed app I get error 403.

I am trying to get the simple wicket application described at

http://nikojava.wordpress.com/2008/10/27/wicket-guide-for-jdeveloper-11g/
working, using jdeveloper 10 and wicket 1.3.5.

I have deployed it to Oracle Application Server 10.1.3.4.

I have looked through the log files I could find but have so far
been unable to locate anything about this.  Our system admin
is not in right now, but may be able to locate the right log file
when he is back.

I have created the 2 java files and 1 html and the web.xml as described.
I build an .ear file, containing the webapp.war file and application.xml.
The .war file (webapp.war) seems to have all the files in the right places:

WEB-INF/classes/pages/Hello.class
WEB-INF/classes/pages/Hello.html
WEB-INF/classes/wicketfun/MyApplication.class
WEB-INF/lib/slf4j-api-1.5.6.jar
WEB-INF/lib/slf4j-simple-1.5.6.jar
WEB-INF/lib/wicket-1.3.5.jar
WEB-INF/web.xml

Below is the content of the web.xml:

<?xml version = '1.0' encoding = 'windows-1252'?>
<web-app xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
version="2.4"
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee">
<description>Empty web.xml file for Web Application</description>
<session-config>
<session-timeout>35</session-timeout>
</session-config>
<mime-mapping>
<extension>html</extension>
<mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>
<mime-mapping>
<extension>txt</extension>
<mime-type>text/plain</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>
<filter>
<filter-name>WicketApplication</filter-name>
<filter-class>org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter</filter-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
<param-value>wicketfun.MyApplication</param-value>
</init-param>
</filter>
<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>WicketApplication</filter-name>
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>
</web-app>

Thanks for any advice anyone has.