Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2012/07/02 12:07:32 UTC

Re: Preparing for July report

> On 29/06/2012 14:55, sebb wrote:

>>> I've put the result at [1] for the moment: if this is fine for you, I'll
>>> add it to the incubator public build.xml (as suggested yesterday by David).
>> There seems to be a problem: the report is headed
>>
>> Apache Incubator Podlings needing to prepare report in June
>>
>> but all except  the first podling are shown as being in:
>>
>> Group 1 = January, April, July, October
> Actually, not: you can also find some Group 2: the point is that the
> XSLT [2] takes the current month via EXSLT, than chooses the group to
> which next month belongs to and finally outputs the podlings that needs
> to report on next month (hence should prepare the report during this
> month) + all podlings with report/@monthly = 'true', i.e. the ones
> labeled as 'starting0 in the output HTML.
>
>> I suspect the report header should be for July.
>>
>> It would help if the page showed the year as well; also the report
>> generation date would be useful.
> Ok.
>
>> Also, I think it would be more useful if the podling names linked to
>> i.a.o/projects/<podling> rather than the podling website.
>> The former has a link to the latter anyway (or should!).
> Fine: I've taken [3] as starting point, so each podling's section is
> pretty similar.

I've put an updated version at [1]: if it's fine, I am going to to add
it to incubator's build.xml.

Regards.

[1]
http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/incubator/podlings-report-next-month.html
[2]
http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/incubator/podlings-report-next-month.xsl
[3] http://incubator.apache.org/podlings.xsl

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 02/07/2012 14:06, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Thank you :-D

You're welcome sir ;-)

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
Thank you :-D

Ross

On 2 July 2012 11:39, Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 02/07/2012 12:14, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>>
>> HI,
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò
>> <il...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've put an updated version at [1]: if it's fine, I am going to to add it
>>> incubator's build.xml.
>>
>> +1 Looks great.
>

> Done: http://incubator.apache.org/report-next-month.html
>
> Regards.
>
> --
> Francesco Chicchiriccò
>

> ASF Member, Apache Cocoon PMC and Apache Syncope PPMC Member
> http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)
OpenDirective http://opendirective.com

Re: Preparing for July report

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 02/07/2012 23:52, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò
> <il...@apache.org> wrote:
>> It is the list of podlings that need to *prepare* their report in July in order to be able to report in August.
> Yes, that's the way it's most useful.
>
> However, to reduce the amount of potential confusion, it might be a
> good idea to replace the "... in July 2012" bit in the heading with
> "... for August 2012" (and so on for future months).

Done: it seems that ant-driven XSLT transformation has some issues with
java extensions, hence I couldn't use a cleaner Calendar.add() for
getting next month but I had to revert to a bare <xsl:choose>; anyway,
it should be working (just re-published).

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

<il...@apache.org> wrote:
> It is the list of podlings that need to *prepare* their report in July in order to be able to report in August.

Yes, that's the way it's most useful.

However, to reduce the amount of potential confusion, it might be a
good idea to replace the "... in July 2012" bit in the heading with
"... for August 2012" (and so on for future months).

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Preparing for July report

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net wrote:

>On Jul 2, 2012, at 3:39 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
>
>> On 02/07/2012 12:14, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>>> HI,

>add it to
>>> +1 Looks great.
>>
>> Done: http://incubator.apache.org/report-next-month.html
>
>This is very cool, but isn't this actually the list of podlings that
>will report in August?

It is the list of podlings that need to *prepare* their report in July in order to be able to report in August.

At least, this is how I intended initial Jukka's reqs...

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Jul 2, 2012, at 3:39 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:

> On 02/07/2012 12:14, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>> HI,
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò
>> <il...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> I've put an updated version at [1]: if it's fine, I am going to to add it to
>>> incubator's build.xml.
>> +1 Looks great.
>
> Done: http://incubator.apache.org/report-next-month.html

This is very cool, but isn't this actually the list of podlings that will report in August?

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
HI,

<il...@apache.org> wrote:
> I've put an updated version at [1]: if it's fine, I am going to to add it to
> incubator's build.xml.

+1 Looks great.

BR,

Jukka Zitting