Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2006/03/08 14:17:53 UTC

Filtering web.xml?

Hi,

Is there a way in m2 to filter any file (not just resources)? For example in
my web.xml there are references to artifact names with version in it. I'd
like to replace the version with ${version} or something like that.

Any idea how I could achieve this? I was thinking about filters but I don't
know if this is supported for any type of files.

A possibility (but I find it ugly) would be to use an Ant task to copy the
web.xml file in a phase prior to the package one and then configure the war
plugin to point at the copied file.

Thanks
-Vincent

RE: Filtering web.xml?

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

Thanks Brett... I didn't realized it was such a hot topic! (and apparently I
missed the discussion about it).

-Vincent

Re: Filtering web.xml?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.