Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu> on 2004/05/21 17:41:53 UTC

GZip encoding

We're having issues where content from our service is being sent GZip
encoded to the HttpClient, But with an error that its gzip transfer
encoding header isn't set properly by the server (thank our server
developer). Most browsers (and clients in perl etc) seem to catch this
error early and fall into GZip decoding. I would like to catch this
condition and have the client still gzip decode the stream. First, does
HttpClient support gzip decoding, and Second, is there a way I can force
to gzip decode if the header is broken?

thanks,
Mark