Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by jeredm <je...@maplewoodsoftware.com> on 2008/10/10 22:48:19 UTC

Nesting ModalWindow

I have an interface where I am needing to nest a ModalWindow inside another
ModalWindow.  I am having problems when the user submits the form in the
inner window (Ajax Debugger: "ERROR: Trying to submit form with id
'panelForm28' that is not in document.").  I believe that the call of
document.getElementById('panelForm28') in the wicket-ajax.js: Wicket.$ =
function(arg)... is returning null or undefined.  The page reacts
differently based on if I click the button or press enter and it reacts
differently in each browser (IE/FF) when I move the first modal inside a
form in the initial page and when I move it outside the form.  For example:

<form>
</form>

vs.

<form>
</form>

What I need is to be able to have the enter key press or the button click to
work for both IE and FireFox browsers.  I am attaching a Quickstart done in
Wicket 1.3.4, but I have replicated it in 1.4m2 and 1.4m3 as well.

Here is the basic process:
click in page > opens first modal > click in first modal > opens second
modal inside the first modal > submit second modal form
http://www.nabble.com/file/p19925848/nestedmodals_1.3.4.zip
nestedmodals_1.3.4.zip

Re: Nesting ModalWindow

Posted by Nick Zimmerman <al...@gmail.com>.
I'm having the same problem. The only way I could get the forms to work
was to make the modal windows from pages.

Let me know if you come up with a work around as the panel based modal
windows make it easier to modify the underlying page via Ajax.

Thanks,

-Nick

Re: Nesting ModalWindow

Posted by jeredm <je...@maplewoodsoftware.com>.