Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Balasubramanian, Ravi Shankar" <rb...@informatica.com> on 2008/08/05 01:18:18 UTC

Default versions of the plugins downloaded

Hi all,
When we dont specify the version of a plugin to be downloaded in our
pom, does maven default to the latest version of the plugin that is
available ? Precisely, i am using the maven surefire plugin in my
projects and want to know if the latest will be downloaded if i dont
specify the version anywhere.

Regards,
Ravi

Re: Default versions of the plugins downloaded

Posted by Geoffrey Wiseman <ge...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Balasubramanian, Ravi Shankar <
rbalasub@informatica.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> When we dont specify the version of a plugin to be downloaded in our
> pom, does maven default to the latest version of the plugin that is
> available ? Precisely, i am using the maven surefire plugin in my
> projects and want to know if the latest will be downloaded if i dont
> specify the version anywhere.

AFAIK:
- prior to Maven 2.0.9 - the latest
- Maven 2.0.9 and beyond - the version that was current/stable/selected at
the time of Maven's release

--
Geoffrey Wiseman

RE: Default versions of the plugins downloaded

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
See here for a detailed explanation:
http://blogs.sonatype.com/brian/2008/04/10/1207873624557.html