Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Philipp Trulson <p....@rebuy.com> on 2020/10/16 17:39:18 UTC

Backup fails despite allowPaths=* being set

Hello everyone,

we are having problems with our backup script since we upgraded to Solr
8.6.2 on kubernetes. To be more precise the message is
*Path /data/backup/2020-10-16/collection must be relative to SOLR_HOME,
SOLR_DATA_HOME coreRootDirectory. Set system property 'solr.allowPaths' to
add other allowed paths.*

I executed the script by calling this endpoint
*curl
'http://solr.default.svc.cluster.local/solr/admin/collections?action=BACKUP&name=collection&collection=
<http://solr.default.svc.cluster.local/solr/admin/collections?action=BACKUP&name=collection&collection=>*
collection*&location=/data/backup/2020-10-16&async=1114'*

The strange thing is that all 5 nodes are started with *-Dsolr.allowPaths=**,
so in theory it should work. The folder is an AWS EFS share, that's the
only reason I can imagine. Or can I check any other options?

Thank you for your help!
Philipp

--

 <https://www.rebuy.de/>

reBuy reCommerce GmbH* · *Potsdamer Str. 188* ·
*10783 Berlin* · *Geschäftsführer: Dr. Philipp GattnerSitz und
Registergericht: Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 109344 B,
*USt-ID-Nr.:* DE237458635

Re: Backup fails despite allowPaths=* being set

Posted by Philipp Trulson <p....@rebuy.com>.
Thanks for the answer! We added the line and now everything is working as
expected. Sorry for not reading the manual properly :)

Philipp

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.

Posted by Philipp Trulson <p....@rebuy.com>.

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.