Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Scott F. Walter" <sc...@vivare.com> on 2005/02/17 18:22:49 UTC

Column Headers

When using contrib:Columns, it always seems to generate a table with the <th> tag.
How would I go about changing this to prevent the inner table being generated.  Basically I am a trying to get
the column headers to appear left justified instead of centered.

Below is the generated html:

<th class="mycolumnclass">

	<tbody><tr>
sp=ATable%2FtableView&amp;sp=SLastName">
LastName</a></td>
	</tbody></table>
</th>

Re: Column Headers

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Try to add the following CSS to your page:
.mycolumnclass table { width: 100%; text-align: left; }

That will align the column title to the left.

You can also change how the column title is rendered by either the using a
mycolumn block (as shown in the documentation) or by providing your own
ITableColumn implementation (possibly extending SimpleTableColumn), but I do
not think that is necessary in your case.

> When using contrib:Columns, it always seems to generate a table with the
<th> tag.
> How would I go about changing this to prevent the inner table being
generated.  Basically I am a trying to get
> the column headers to appear left justified instead of centered.
>
> Below is the generated html:
>
> <th class="mycolumnclass">

> <tbody><tr>
> <a
href="/demo/app?service=direct/1/Table/contrib:SimpleTableColumnPage/tableCo
lumnComponent.linkColumn&amp;

Re: Column Headers

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Scott F. Walter <scott.walter <at> vivare.com> writes:

> When using contrib:Columns, it always seems to generate a table with the <th>
tag.
> How would I go about changing this to prevent the inner table being generated.
 Basically I am a trying to get
> the column headers to appear left justified instead of centered.

I believe the inner table is generated by your own block. Do you
have a Block with the id "LastNameColumnHeader"?