Posted to user@poi.apache.org by John Byrne <jb...@snbw.org> on 2008/08/22 00:13:28 UTC

java.io.IOException: block[ 0 ] already removed

Hello all,

I've been working on some code and it seems as though when I try to run
the same program through it again (or another POI program) it gets this
error:

java.io.IOException: block[ 0 ] already removed

      at
org.apache.poi.poifs.storage.BlockListImpl.remove(BlockListImpl.java:96)

      at
org.apache.poi.poifs.storage.BlockAllocationTableReader.fetchBlocks(Bloc
kAllocationTableReader.java:190)

      at
org.apache.poi.poifs.storage.BlockListImpl.fetchBlocks(BlockListImpl.jav
a:128)

      at
org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem.processProperties(POIFSF
ileSystem.java:403)

      at
org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem.processProperties(POIFSF
ileSystem.java:391)

      at
org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem.processProperties(POIFSF
ileSystem.java:391)

      at
org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem.<init>(POIFSFileSystem.j
ava:102)

      at
org.snbw.util.excel.ExcelConnection.readWorkbook(ExcelConnection.java:18
9)

      at
org.snbw.util.excel.ExcelConnection.readWorkbook(ExcelConnection.java:22
5)

      at
org.snbw.util.excel.ExcelConnection.<init>(ExcelConnection.java:87)

      at
org.snbw.util.scan.CrisisCallTime.FormatTimes.main(FormatTimes.java:68)

Excel Connection failed: crisis_call_excel_sheets\test.xls

Am I not saving correctly?  What is this from?

Thank you for any help,

John Byrne

John Byrne

Support Network for Battered Women

1257 Tasman Dr. Suite C

Sunnyvale, CA

94089

(408) 541-6100 x 138

Fax: (408) 541-3333

Re: java.io.IOException: block[ 0 ] already removed

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, John Byrne wrote:
> I've been working on some code and it seems as though when I try to run
> the same program through it again (or another POI program) it gets this
> error:

Have you tried a newer version of poi? There was a bug for a little bit
which would trigger this error, if your document ignored the ole2 spec and
wasn't padded out to a 512 byte multiple. It was fixed a while ago though

Nick