Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Vladislav Nazarenko <vl...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/03 16:08:18 UTC

Self-fencing when storage not available

Hi All,

I'm testing Cloudstack 4.6  now

When doing some tests with storage (nfs), I was wondering, that the
hosts self-fence itself by reboot, when a storage not writable ...

Even more,  my cluster had a working storage and I added one more, which
was not writable due to missing user permissions... So effectively all
the VMs hard drive were located on the working storage,
but the problem with permissions on the new one causes the entire
cluster to reboot :(

Is this a bug or  a correct behavior?

Is it able to avoid rebooting at least?

Thank you in advance
Vlad

Re: Self-fencing when storage not available

Posted by Vladislav Nazarenko <vl...@gmail.com>.
I saw your suggestion in the ticket ...

Thanx, Paul

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by Vladislav Nazarenko <vl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vladislav Nazarenko <vl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glenn Wagner <gl...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi

Posted by Vladislav Nazarenko <vl...@gmail.com>.
There were probably many discussions around this implementation? Do you
have any links to read about that? I'm really interesting in the
background, would like to understand
why implemented this way ...

Posted by Frank Louwers <fr...@openminds.be>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Vladislav Nazarenko <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glenn,

Posted by Glenn Wagner <gl...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Vlad,

Can I ask what hypervisor are you using?
The default action is to reboot the hosts

This is done in the heatbeat file on xenserver
/opt/xensource/bin/xenheartbeat.sh

Thanks
Glenn

[ShapeBlue]<http://www.shapeblue.com>
Glenn Wagner
Senior Consultant       ,       ShapeBlue

d:       | s: +27 21 527 0091<tel:|%20s:%20+27%2021%20527%200091>        |      m:      +27 73 917 4111<tel:+27%2073%20917%204111>

e:      glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com | t: <mailto:glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com%20|%20t:>     |      w:      www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>

a:      2nd Floor, Oudehuis Centre, 122 Main Rd, Somerset West Cape Town 7130 South Africa

[cid:image24bf30.png@0df405d7.41a47b58]