Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by david joffrin <da...@hotmail.com> on 2005/03/20 11:39:10 UTC

Component Delegation

Hi,

I would like to implement a component that changes its HTML implementation
depending on some parameters; a typical example would be a drop down box if
enabled or a text field if disabled.

I thought originally to re-implement both components inside mine, but that
would not be good design pattern practice.
So I have decided to go to the deligation pattern which of course would
simplify everything when I am upgrading to a new version of Tapestry.
However, I am facing (as simple as it sounds) that I do not know how to
instanciate a component inside another one as there is no constructor
available.
Could someone point me to the code in Tapestry that does component
instanciation, please? (try to look for it, but the code is quite large).
Or, some hints to do so.

Thanks.
DvJ