Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2002/05/12 23:57:54 UTC

XMetal stylesheet for document-v11 docs

Hi all,

I've created a minimal Softquad XMetal config for authoring docs
according to the document-v11.dtd. Since both XMetal and XXE use CSS to
configure the display of XML docs, these might be helpful for non-XMetal
users, too.

I'm not sure whether we would like these proprietary configuration files
in CVS, but since XMetal is also happily coexistent with the Forrest
entity resolver catalog setup, I've attached them. Nothing very fancy
but it helps.

If someone would like these in CVS, please say so.

Regards,

</Steven>

RE: XMetal stylesheet for document-v11 docs

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Sylvain,

cool. I'll steal from yours and add a Forrest-skin-specific version to
our repository.

Hopefully XXE and XMetal are equally up to speed with CSS2. And if
Cocoon ever switches to the new cross-xml.apache.org style, you'll be
happy to use my CSS file :-)

Regards,

</Steven>

ps: fyi:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/docbook/contrib/tools/xme
tal/

Re: XMetal stylesheet for document-v11 docs

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
David Crossley wrote:

>Steven Noels wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I've created a minimal Softquad XMetal config for authoring docs
>>according to the document-v11.dtd. Since both XMetal and XXE use CSS to
>>configure the display of XML docs, these might be helpful for non-XMetal
>>users, too.
>>
>>I'm not sure whether we would like these proprietary configuration files
>>in CVS, but since XMetal is also happily coexistent with the Forrest
>>entity resolver catalog setup, I've attached them. Nothing very fancy
>>but it helps.
>>
>>If someone would like these in CVS, please say so.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>></Steven>
>>

>Well anything that assists people to be productive is good.
>However, i am also not sure about putting proprietary stuff in
>CVS. If we had a special directory for them and clearly
>labelled, would that help?
>--David

A css isn't proprietary stuff (this isn't true for the .ctm file).

I also created a stylesheet (tested with XXE) for document-v10.dtd that
mimics the current html rendering of the Cocoon site. Check it out at
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-cocoon2/src/documentation/xdocs/css/document.css?rev=1.2

Cheers,
Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez

Re: XMetal stylesheet for document-v11 docs

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.