Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Guru Stron <gu...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/04 19:17:28 UTC

SQL docs: Update query with order by clause

Hi, Igniters

I was looking into UPDATE query and currently in docs
<https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/update> there is mentioned an
optional ORDER BY clause, but as far as i understand it is ignored when
query is executed, also it is stated in H2 docs
<http://www.h2database.com/html/grammar.html#update> (ORDER BY is supported
for MySQL compatibility, but it is ignored.). If it is ignored, can we
update docs to avoid potential confusion.

Best regards,
Sergey

Re: SQL docs: Update query with order by clause

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Can we at least print out a warning that the ORDER BY is being ignored? To
avoid log flooding, we should only print it out the first time we encounter
this situation.

D.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.