Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2014/07/10 22:31:38 UTC

OFBiz CRM?

I see on the OFBiz website that a CRM is one of the components of OFBiz.
I was wondering if anyone from the community would be willing to help us
get an instance of this running somewhere, or already has it running
somewhere, where the ASF could use it internally. This would be
primarily for Fundraising/Sponsorship purposes, but I expect that there
are other places where it could come in useful, such as ApacheCon and
Marketing.

--Rich

--
rbowen@apache.org
http://apache.org/

Re: OFBiz CRM?

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Rich,

The CRM (or SFA) and marketing feature set of OFBiz could surely be
usefull. In the past we have had several requests whether OFBiz could be
used by charity organisations, but this was more regarding the aspect of
bookkeeping.

I would be happy to work with the ASF in getting an instance running in the
infrastructure of the ASF or somewhere else and help with requirements.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: OFBiz CRM?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
You can also get to the stable version from the OFBiz main page http://ofbiz.apache.org/

See the section

13.07 Release Branch Demo (stable)

  * Front-End Store <http://demo-stable-ofbiz.apache.org/ecommerce/control/main>
  * Management Apps <http://demo-stable-ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/main?USERNAME=flexadmin&PASSWORD=ofbiz&JavaScriptEnabled=Y>

The Management Apps <http://demo-stable-ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/main?USERNAME=flexadmin&PASSWORD=ofbiz&JavaScriptEnabled=Y> link gives you a
direct access the the OFBiz backend. The "Applications" menu contains the "SFA" (Sales Force Automation, kinda CRM) and "Marketing" applications which
are probably the most relevant for you

This said, they are not totally obvious to be used when you never worked with OFBiz. But I think the community can help you...

HTH

Jacques

Re: OFBiz CRM?

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Rich,

Re: OFBiz CRM?

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: OFBiz CRM?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: OFBiz CRM?

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On 07/11/2014 02:41 AM, Pierre Smits wrote:
> Rich,
>
> Of course it depends on the requirements of the ASF, but of the top op
> my head I can imagine that the following applications/components could
> be useful for the ASF:
>
>   * CRM, consisting of
>       o SFA - registering the prospects, leads, accounts and contact
>         the ASF want to be in business with
>       o Marketing - communicating with organisations and persons
>         through mailings

This is the part that we're looking for at this time. The other parts, I
suppose, might follow in time. Right now we need a way to keep track of
our Foundation sponsors, and who has been in touch with them, when, for
what reason, and let us know when it's time to get in touch again. This
sounds like CRM to me, but I readily, although somewhat embarrassedly,
admit that I am almost completely ignorant of OFBiz.

--
rbowen@apache.org
http://apache.org/

Re: OFBiz CRM?