Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Scott <ds...@earthlink.net> on 2006/12/12 02:10:03 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_autoindex not cooperating

I've got apache 2.2.3 running and I'd like to generate an automatic
directory listing, but I can't.  I've checked and mod_autoindex is
compiled in statically.  The snippet from my httpd.conf is as follows.
I'd like a directory listing in the /code location.

Listen 3001
NameVirtualHost *:3001
<VirtualHost *:3001>
    DocumentRoot /home/david/pix/html
    <Location />
        PerlSetEnv SQL_DEBUG 1
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler Pix
        Allow from all
    </Location>
    <Location /static>
        SetHandler none
    </Location>
    <Location /code>
        SetHandler default
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        Options +Indexes +FollowSymLinks
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

The message in the error log is

[Mon Dec 11 16:59:49 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Attempt to serve
directory: /home/david/pix/html/code/

I've tried this in just about every way imaginable, disabling the
mod_perl handler, configuring outside a virtual host, using Options All,
etc etc etc.  The server simply does not want to give me a directory
listing.

Can anyone think of anything else I can try to figure this out?
mod_autoindex is supposed to just work.

Re: [users@httpd] mod_autoindex not cooperating

Posted by Yvo van Doorn <yv...@gmail.com>.
I *could* be wrong on this but don't you need an alias as well such as:
Alias /code "/home/david/pix/html/code"

Another way would be inside the VirtualHost directive and instead of
Location do:
<Directory /home/david/pix/html/code>
        SetHandler default
        Order allow,deny