Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Lorenzo <ce...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/22 11:31:20 UTC

Retrive HTTP url and Loosing Attachment

Hi all,

i have two questions:

1. I have to retrive http message URL to build EPR url in synapse
(Client don't support wsa, so i haven't wsa:to address to use for this
purpose)

2. I tried to use a message with attachment but... i loose them! i use
this simple conf:
<synapse ...>
 <rules>
  <in>
   <header name="To"
value="http://localhost:8080/testServiceAttachment"/>
   <send/>

  </in>
  <out>
   <send/>
  </out>
 </rules>
</synapse>

Thx for any help,
Lorenzo

Re: Retrive HTTP url and Loosing Attachment

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Lorenzo

Its not clear to me what you are trying to achieve..
> 1. I have to retrive http message URL to build EPR url in synapse
> (Client don't support wsa, so i haven't wsa:to address to use for this
> purpose)

If Synapse receives a SOAP message without WSA, it can still read and
act or filter on the transports' To address.
> 2. I tried to use a message with attachment but... i loose them! i use
> this simple conf:
> <synapse ...>
>  <rules>
>   <in>
>    <header name="To"
> value="http://localhost:8080/testServiceAttachment"/>
>    <send/>
>
>   </in>
>   <out>
>    <send/>
>   </out>
>  </rules>
> </synapse>

Are you saying that you sent a message with an attachment to Synapse to
forward to an endpoint and Synapse looses this? If so, please file a
JIRA for this attaching your SOAP message (preferably a TCPMon view of
the request) and the message sent out to the endpoint by Synapse
(another TCPMon view) and any other information about your environment

asankha

Re: Retrive HTTP url and Loosing Attachment

Posted by Lorenzo <ce...@gmail.com>.
On gio, 2007-03-22 at 17:19 +0530, Ruwan Linton wrote:

> If this endpoint should be dynamically changing according to the
> request then definitely client has to send the To header so that we
> can do a simple <send/> in synapse to forward that message to the EPR
> specified by client. If this is static or semi dynamic ( for example
> select EPR depending on some criteria then you can use synapse
> <switch>....</switch> mediator to select the endpoint to which the
> request should be forwarded to.

I can change clients, so i receive SOAP messages without wsa:To header.
I have to set EPR according to the transport address, for example if
client send somethink like this:

	POST /SincronoAttachment/SincronoAttachment HTTP/1.0
	[SOAP Message]

i should set an EPR, if is

	POST /Sincrono/Sincrono HTTP/1.0
	[SOAP Message]

i should set another one...

There is a way to do this?

thx,

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
On 3/22/07, Lorenzo <ce...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i have two questions:
>
> 1. I have to retrieve http message URL to build EPR url in synapse
> (Client don't support wsa, so i haven't wsa:to address to use for this
> purpose)

If this endpoint should be dynamically changing according to the request
then definitely client has to send the To header so that we can do a simple
<send/> in synapse to forward that message to the EPR specified by client.
If this is static or semi dynamic ( for example select EPR depending on some
criteria then you can use synapse <switch>....</switch> mediator to select
the endpoint to which the request should be forwarded to.

2. I tried to use a message with attachment but... i loose them! i use
> this simple conf:
> <synapse ...>
> <rules>
>   <in>
>    <header name="To"
> value="http://localhost:8080/testServiceAttachment"/>
>    <send/>

I don't have much understanding of attachments, how ever can you attach the
synapse log to understand the behavior. BTW: proper way of doing send is as
follows;

      <send>
        <endpoint address="http://localhost:8080/testServiceAttachment"/>
      </send>