Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by js...@odshp.com on 2001/10/16 00:16:00 UTC

Cocoon and Sybase JConnect

I have been using Tomcat for sometime and would now like to add Cocoon
for a specific database access the application does.  Using the SQL
sample included with Cocoon as a start, I am able to execute queries
against a SYBASE SQL Anywhere database - works fine.  However, when I
try useing the same JDBC driver to connect to a a Sybase ASE database
server, I get this:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error setting connection autocommit
               at _opt._tomcat._webapps._cocoon._forteApps._sql._esql.populateDocument(Compiled Code)
               at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPPage.getDocument(Compiled Code)
               at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(Compiled Code)
               at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
               at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Compiled Code)
               at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled Code)
               at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(Compiled Code)
               at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Compiled Code)
               at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Compiled Code)
               at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(Compiled Code)
               at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

I have no idea what to do.  I hope someone can offer some ideas, I'd
really like to use Cocoon for my project if I can.  I use JDBC a lot
in servlets under Tomcat, and Cocoon works fine in every other way.

Thanks!

BTW, I found this same question had been asked earlier in a list
archive, but no suggestions.

---
Jeff Sexton
ODS Health Plans