Posted to dev@yetus.apache.org by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@apache.org> on 2016/03/29 18:25:02 UTC

[DISCUSS] Branch for YETUS-156

Hey gang.

	YETUS-156’s purpose is to give Yetus the ability to act as daily/nightly/whateverly build driver for CI systems.  This way, Yetus’ reporting could be part of the CI process rather than just digging through mountains of logs looking for errors.  The vast majority of changes are purely cosmetic [yay!] but there are quite a few of them to clean up.

	Given:

		* that we don’t have a branch policy (at least, that I’m aware of….)
		* YETUS-156 is working well enough in my tests for people to start playing with it
		* YETUS-156 is probably reaching the point where it is ‘too big to review’ (~40k at last rebase)

	I think it might be useful to setup a branch for YETUS-156, preferably with a CTRTM (commit then review then merge)-type policy.  This would give others a chance to play, break it up into a reviewable state, give me a chance to fix bugs quickly while still providing protection to master if the 0.3.0 train decides to leave before this is ready.

	In the mean time, I’ve changed YETUS-156 to be an umbrella, if just for my own sanity.

	Any thoughts?

	Thanks!

Re: [DISCUSS] Branch for YETUS-156

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@apache.org>.
	Thanks everyone.

	I’ve created the YETUS-156 branch and committed a bunch o’ patches to it. It *should* be usable.  Build yetus, then use the bin/qbt command against your favorite source tree. Command line options are exactly the same as test-patch (so —plugins=shellcheck is a quick ’n dirty way to try it out).  Unbundled personalities will likely need modifications if they override the standard module queuing. (e.g., hadoop, hbase … but they’ve already been modified).

	There are likely some bugs still hanging out.  Known issues:

	* YETUS-336 (duplicate test vote) is _extremely_ pronounced.
	* YETUS-354 findbugs always returns a +1, even if problems exist

	Let me know how it goes. :)

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
Sounds good to me.

--Chris Nauroth

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
Just make sure you don't turn your build orange!

Since, y'know, rhyming with orange and all.

A.

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.