Posted to wsif-user@ws.apache.org by Simon Solomon <b0...@FDS.com> on 2003/04/03 00:16:14 UTC

WSIF And Soap Headers

Greetings!

     I am successfully setting HTTP headers for SOAP over HTTP requests.

     However, I would like to know if there is an easier way(Recommended
Way)
     to SET and GET SOAP headers.
     We have a service that implements soap headers for the communication
     between various operations defined for the service.

     As shown in the attached sample binding, the "init" operation creates
the soap header,
     and the "getRoles" operation requires the soap header. In this sample,
the soap header
     is used to track initialization information. The client must attach
this header for all other
     subsequent operation calls.

Thanks!

     Sample Service Binding Section:

     <binding name="RoleManagerSvcSoap" type="s0:RoleManagerSvcSoap">
    <soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" style
="document" />
    <operation name="init">
      <soap:operation soapAction="http://sde.fds.com/init" style="document"
/>
      <input>
        <soap:body use="literal" />
      </input>
      <output>
        <soap:body use="literal" />
        <soap:header d5p1:required="true" message
="s0:initDirProviderSoapHeader" part="DirProviderSoapHeader" use="literal"
xmlns:d5p1="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" />
      </output>
    </operation>
    <operation name="getAllRoles">
      <soap:operation soapAction="http://sde.fds.com/getAllRoles" style
="document" />
      <input>
        <soap:body use="literal" />
        <soap:header d5p1:required="true" message
="s0:getAllRolesDirProviderSoapHeader" part="DirProviderSoapHeader" use
="literal" xmlns:d5p1="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" />
      </input>
      <output>
        <soap:body use="literal" />