Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Seth Wiesman <sj...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/16 16:52:18 UTC

[DISCUSS] Flink docs vendor table

This discussion is a follow up to the previous thread on dropping
vendor-specific documentation[1].

The conversation ended unresolved on the question of what we should provide
on the Apache Flink docs. The consensus seemed to be moving towards
offering a table with links to 3rd parties. After an offline conversation
with Robert, I have drafted a mock-up of what that might look like[2].
Please note that I included a few vendors that I could think of off the top
of my head, the list in this picture is not complete but that is not the
conversation we are having here.

There are three competing goals that we are trying to achieve here.

1) Provide information to users that vendor support is available as it can
be important in growing adoption within enterprises
2) Be maintainable by the open-source Flink community
3) Remain neutral

Please let me know what you think

Seth

[1]
http://apache-flink-mailing-list-archive.1008284.n3.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Drop-vendor-specific-deployment-documentation-td35457.html
[2]
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/sjwiesman/bb90f0765148c15051bcc91092367851/raw/42c0a1e9240f1c5808a053f8ff5965828cca96d5/mockup.png

Re: [DISCUSS] Flink docs vendor table

Posted by Seth Wiesman <sj...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Robert.

Bowen, in the spirit of remaining neutral, I decided to put them in alphabetical order.

Seth

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bowen Li <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Seth Wiesman <sj...@gmail.com>.