Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Jacob Wujciak <ja...@voltrondata.com.INVALID> on 2023/01/30 22:03:37 UTC

Change to GitHub archvies breaks BUNDLED dependency builds

Hello Everyone,

A recent change to the default compression of generated GitHub archives
changes the hash.
As we do checksum verification in arrows build system this breaks the build
if any dependencies using those archives are built from source. I have
opened an issue tracking this [1]. It also has more detailed information
and links.

This also affects all package managers using these links and checksum
verification: homebrew, bazel, conan, vcpkg ...

I will also crosspost this to user@ for visibility.

Best
Jacob

[1]: https://github.com/apache/arrow/issues/33939