Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Wenxiu Huang <we...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/08 06:02:07 UTC

Initialization for threadpool

Hi,

I'm using TThreadPoolSever in C++.  My service handler has a heavy
initialization cost.
I'm wondering if each thread in the thread pool has its own independent
initialization process or just share one?

If not share, how to optimize it?

--
From:
Wenxiu.H

Re: Initialization for threadpool

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Service handler is not thread-safe and each thread share the same
instance of handler. It is just like the servlet if you know java web
programming.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: Initialization for threadpool

Posted by Yiming Zhang <on...@gmail.com>.
Wenxiu ,Huang
share one handler , so you may add lock to some of your data structure in
the handler.
And and I think you can got the answer  simply by having a try.

--
Best Regards
Yiming Zhang