Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Dick, Brian E." <Br...@FMR.com> on 2005/08/03 15:21:48 UTC

Have the performance issues been resolved?

I'm currently using the 12/1/4 nightly build of 1.7alpha. I tried the GA
build of 1.6.3, but the performance was horrible. A full build of my
application using 1.7alpha takes about 15 minutes. It took 1.6.3 over an
hour to do the same build.

Have these performance issues been resolved with the later releases of
ant. I would really like to be using a GA release.

Later,
BEDick

Re: Have the performance issues been resolved?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Dick, Brian E. wrote:
> I'm currently using the 12/1/4 nightly build of 1.7alpha. I tried the GA
> build of 1.6.3, but the performance was horrible. A full build of my
> application using 1.7alpha takes about 15 minutes. It took 1.6.3 over an
> hour to do the same build.
>
> Have these performance issues been resolved with the later releases of
> ant. I would really like to be using a GA release.

you would have to download and see. Nobody else knows your project's
characteristics, or has the same hardware. What is important, is if you
can verify that there are perf. problems on a build of CVS_HEAD you make
yourself, then it is not too late for the problems to be identified and
fixed before a release of Ant1.7.

-steve