Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/13 20:37:47 UTC

Apache Roller 4.0 (rc1): new, improved and powered by Struts 2

Hi Struts devs,

In Roller 4.0 we completely replaced Struts 1.x with Struts 2.0 and
we're lovin' the new Struts.

Roller is a great showcase for Apache products and especially Struts
and Tiles. So if you have a little time to spare, I encourage you to
try out the new RC1 release and  even take a look at the source code
to see how we use Struts. You might be able to teach us a thing or
two.

One of the new features of Roller is the easy-install and that should
make it really easy for you to take it for a spin. Assuming you've got
Tomcat and a JDBC driver all you'll have to do is set a couple of
properties and drop in the Roller WAR.

We'd love any feedback you might have to offer.

The files and updated docs are here:
http://people.apache.org/~snoopdave/apache-roller-4.0/

The What's New in Roller 4.0 page is here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/What%27s+New+in+Roller+4.0

And the complete JIRA fix list is here:
http://tinyurl.com/2r39e3

- Dave

Re: Apache Roller 4.0 (rc1): new, improved and powered by Struts 2

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 8/14/07, Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com> wrote:
> Is this the version that IBM is bundling in their products, or was it an
> older version?

IBM is bundling the old 3.1 release (w/Struts 1.2.4) with Lotus Connections.

Posted by Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com>.
Is this the version that IBM is bundling in their products, or was it an
older version?

/Ian

PS - Great meeting you at J1

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philip Luppens <ph...@gmail.com>.
Very interesting - did you already have the chance to test the
performance in the wild ?

Cheers,

Phil

PS. Yes, still too much work, still following the mailing list, hope
to be back soon. Keep up the good work everyone.

On 8/13/07, Dave <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Struts devs,
>
> In Roller 4.0 we completely replaced Struts 1.x with Struts 2.0 and
> we're lovin' the new Struts.
>
> Roller is a great showcase for Apache products and especially Struts
> and Tiles. So if you have a little time to spare, I encourage you to
> try out the new RC1 release and  even take a look at the source code
> to see how we use Struts. You might be able to teach us a thing or
> two.
>
> One of the new features of Roller is the easy-install and that should
> make it really easy for you to take it for a spin. Assuming you've got
> Tomcat and a JDBC driver all you'll have to do is set a couple of
> properties and drop in the Roller WAR.
>
> We'd love any feedback you might have to offer.
>
> The files and updated docs are here:
> http://people.apache.org/~snoopdave/apache-roller-4.0/
>
> The What's New in Roller 4.0 page is here:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/What%27s+New+in+Roller+4.0
>
> And the complete JIRA fix list is here:
> http://tinyurl.com/2r39e3
>
> - Dave

Software Architect - Hydrodesk
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a
violent psychopath who knows where you live." - John F. Woods