Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by pe...@donovandata.com on 2005/07/15 18:08:34 UTC

basic lucene question

This question probably has a very simple answer, but I cannot find it in
the Cocoon documentation (though it may be there).

We're using Cocoon 2.1.5.1.  I am attempting to build a Lucene Index using
the LuceneIndexTransformer.  I get a document suggesting that the index
has been generated, but I don't know where.  Supposedly this is generated
to a location relative to Cocoon's working directory, but I don't know
what that is or how to find it.  Is it explicitly identified somewhere in
my Cocoon installation? Is there a default location, or do I need to
specify one?  And based on the listing below am I right to expect to see a
directory called "lucene-index" containing an index file in the Cocoon
working directory (once I find it)?

Thanks for any advice!

This is the t/a from the Index Transformer:

<lucene:index merge-factor="20" create="true" directory="lucene-index"
analyzer="org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer">
<lucene:document
url="http://forrest-app02.ny.dds.net/cocoon/ddst/repos/devlibt/overview/home/index.html"
elapsed-time="17"/>
<lucene:document
url="http://forrest-app02.ny.dds.net/cocoon/ddst/repos/devlibt/overview/home/features.html"
elapsed-time="16"/>
<lucene:document
url="http://forrest-app02.ny.dds.net/cocoon/ddst/repos/devlibt/overview/home/vision.html"
elapsed-time="39"/>
<lucene:document
url="http://forrest-app02.ny.dds.net/cocoon/ddst/repos/devlibt/overview/home/projectdesc.html"
elapsed-time="182"/>
<lucene:document
url="http://forrest-app02.ny.dds.net/cocoon/ddst/repos/devlibt/overview/home/architecture.html"
elapsed-time="20"/>
</lucene:index>

Re: basic lucene question

Posted by Andrew Franz <af...@optushome.com.au>.
1. uncomment this in web.xml:
    <init-param>
      <param-name>work-directory</param-name>
      <param-value>WEB-INF/work</param-value>
    </init-param>

2. In samples (under "blocks")
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/blocks/lucene/create

3. You should see this (or similar) folder created:
(context path)\WEB-INF\work\index