Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Leina Last <ey...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/20 14:01:25 UTC

send textfield value with addPathInfo() ?

Hi

I will appreciate if someone PLEASE can help me.

I have a text field like <input type="text" name="YYYY" value="2003">
and would like to send the value of YYYY to a servlet (data.getParameters().getString("YYYY") ), making use of addPathInfo().

To send the value, I tried something like addPathInfo("YYYY",YYYY.value), I also tried calling a javascript something like addPathInfo( "YYYY",getYearValue() )
None of these work.

How can I manage to send a value from a text field making use of
addPathInfo() ?

Thank You

RE: send textfield value with addPathInfo() ?

Posted by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com>.

Put a javascript alert in to make sure that the variable you are tring
to send actually has a value.  If it does, view the source of the web
page to see if the URL was constructed correctly.