Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Ali Ahmed <al...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/18 23:32:16 UTC

Disabling ci tests for documentation changes

Currently there has been a growth in PR for documentation changes, but it's
being slowed by the test run failures, we can relieve the issue, with some
small changes.

either not run the test if the git can't find a code change in files
git diff --name-only HEAD master | grep -v site2

or change the jenkins job to only look at specific folders for changes
steps to guard against
unnecessary test runs.

git diff --name-only HEAD master | grep -v site2stages {
    stage('CI Run') {
        when { changeset "src/*"}
        steps {
            sh "make build-nginx"
            sh "make start-nginx"
        }
    }

We only to continue to improve test stability in parallel.

Re: Disabling ci tests for documentation changes

Posted by Ali Ahmed <al...@gmail.com>.
I am done with my research , we have a skip ci phrase in the jenkins and it
works as expected.
eg https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/5244.

The issue is github is configured to expect a response always, we can
consider changing that. But this will open the repo to potential problem.
As there will no enforcement of the ci check.

I looked into adding a pipeline step to use git diff to check if a pr
should proceed with the ci job but I am unable to make it work as expected
in jenkins.

The best course of action is simply to move the site folder to a new repo.

-Ali

Posted by Matteo Merli <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
+1