Posted to users@maven.apache.org by scarlet <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/29 17:12:38 UTC

How to include other files in plugin jar

Hi,

I'm creating a Maven plugin for a testing framework written in Perl and
would like to include the Perl files in the Jar file in addition to the
Maven files.  Is this possible?  My POM:

<project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>com.company.plugins</groupId>
  <artifactId>perltestrunner-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <packaging>maven-plugin</packaging>
  <name>Perl Test Runner Plugin</name>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
      <artifactId>maven-script-ant</artifactId>
      <version>2.0.1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
       <groupId>ant-contrib</groupId>
       <artifactId>ant-contrib</artifactId>
       <version>1.0b2</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
       <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
       <artifactId>plexus-ant-factory</artifactId>
       <version>1.0-alpha-2</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
		<groupId>jakarta-regexp</groupId>
		<artifactId>jakarta-regexp</artifactId>
		<version>1.4</version>
		<scope>runtime</scope>
	</dependency>
	<dependency>
		<groupId>ant</groupId>
		<artifactId>ant-apache-regexp</artifactId>
		<version>1.6.2</version>
	</dependency>
	<dependency>
        <groupId>ant</groupId>
        <artifactId>ant-junit</artifactId>
        <version>1.6.2</version>
   	</dependency>
  </dependencies>
  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-plugin-plugin</artifactId>
        <dependencies>
          <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
            <artifactId>maven-plugin-tools-ant</artifactId>
            <version>2.0.1</version>
          </dependency>
        </dependencies>
        <configuration>
          <goalPrefix>perltestrunner</goalPrefix>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>
</project>

Thanks for your time,
Scarlet

Re: How to include other files in plugin jar

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day to you, Scarlet,

You may want to try maven-assembly-plugin ( see [1] )

Cheers,
Franz

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/