Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com> on 2011/11/09 18:54:59 UTC

Bundleizing a few more libraries ...

Hi all,

Over in the Sling project we have a Bundle which contains the jackrabbit-webdav and jackrabbit-jcr-server libraries to expose DavEx JCR remoting in the OSGi framework. This bundle is prone with at least two issues:

  * Being part of Sling it should use the Sling authentication
    framework. This does not seem to play nicely with the
    JcrRemotingServlet due to some impedance mismatches.
  * Being part of Sling we are always behind in releases and,
    obviously, we do not want to base our bundles on so-called
    unstable releases like the 2.3.x release line.

Hence I suggest to enhance the jackrabbit-webdav and jackrabbit-jcr-server libraries to become OSGi bundles.

In addition a new Declarative Services component class is added to the jackrabbit-jcr-server to expose the JcrRemotingServlet through the OSGi Http Service.

See JCR-3142 [1] for a proposed patch.

Regards
Felix