Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by George Carrette <Ge...@iacnet.com> on 1997/07/22 20:22:51 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache/src/nt mod_isapi.c modules.c

Alexei Kosut wrote:
The interesting question is, what does it do when Content-Length is
exactly 48k? 48k+1? 48k+lots? 48k-1? 48k-2?

We found some bugs in ISAPI where some content output lengths would
trash the server. Very nasty.

Re: cvs commit: apache/src/nt mod_isapi.c modules.c

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>.
On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:

> George Carrette wrote:
> >
> > Alexei Kosut wrote:
> > The interesting question is, what does it do when Content-Length is
> > exactly 48k? 48k+1? 48k+lots? 48k-1? 48k-2?
> >
> > We found some bugs in ISAPI where some content output lengths would
> > trash the server. Very nasty.
>
> Hmmm ... now that you mention it, wasn't that one of the problems MS had
> with their website a few weeks back. Didn't I see that they had released
> a fix for it? Are you running that fix, Alexei?

Hmm? I'm not running IIS, at least not in this context. I run into these
problems with ISAPI extensions designed for IIS, not the other way
around. Besides, "content output lengths" aren't where I'm having
problems. It's the input side.

-- Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>

Re: cvs commit: apache/src/nt mod_isapi.c modules.c

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
George Carrette wrote:

> Alexei Kosut wrote:
> The interesting question is, what does it do when Content-Length is
> exactly 48k? 48k+1? 48k+lots? 48k-1? 48k-2?
>
> We found some bugs in ISAPI where some content output lengths would
> trash the server. Very nasty.

Hmmm ... now that you mention it, wasn't that one of the problems MS had
with their website a few weeks back. Didn't I see that they had released
a fix for it? Are you running that fix, Alexei?

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie                Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435  Email:
ben@algroup.co.uk