Posted to user@struts.apache.org by rc...@xmission.com on 2004/02/27 20:49:59 UTC

RE: html:text works, bean:write fails [Resolved]

Well the following fixed it:

<bean:write name="reportForm" property="totalInventory"/>

The problem was the case in the "reportForm". The form bean was named
ReportForm and I did not realize the case was changed when set in the
session.

I used the following snippet of code to help in the debugging (I sure wish I
had tried this earlier) and placed it in my failing jsp page:

  <%
    HttpSession ses = request.getSession();
    String test;
    if (ses == null) {
        test = "nosession";
    } else {
        java.util.Enumeration en = ses.getAttributeNames();
        StringBuffer buf = new StringBuffer();
        while (en.hasMoreElements()) {
           buf.append(en.nextElement());
           buf.append("<br>");
        }
        test = buf.toString();
    }
  %>
  <%=
    test
  %>

Thanks everyone for the input. But I guess I'm still a Doofus on this one.
:-)