Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by dhaivat dave <dh...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/27 14:29:35 UTC

Error while indexing data using Solr (Unexpected character 'F' (code 70) in prolog; expected '<')

Hello Everyone ,

I am getting an error while indexing data to solr. i am using solrj apis to
index the document and using the xml request handler to index document. i
am getting an error *org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Unexpected
character 'F' (code 70) in prolog; expected '<' at [row,col
{unknown-source}]: [1,1] *. i have also escaped the content before sending
it to solr. can any please tell me the reason behind this error.

Regards
Dhaivat

Re: Error while indexing data using Solr (Unexpected character 'F' (code 70) in prolog; expected '<')

Posted by Toke Eskildsen <te...@statsbiblioteket.dk>.
On Mon, 2012-08-27 at 14:29 +0200, dhaivat dave wrote:
> I am getting an error while indexing data to solr. i am using solrj apis to
> index the document and using the xml request handler to index document. i
> am getting an error *org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Unexpected
> character 'F' (code 70) in prolog; expected '<' at [row,col
> {unknown-source}]: [1,1] *. i have also escaped the content before sending
> it to solr. can any please tell me the reason behind this error.

Somewhere in your workflow, some text was inserted at the beginning of
your XML or you did not produce XML at all. Try looking at the XML, just
before you send it to solrj.