Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Coppens <pc...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/30 21:09:03 UTC

mod_jk changes url?

Gentlepeople,

I have a weird problem where I send a request from a browser to apache2
(running on Debian) to tomcat 6 (jdk 1.5) through mod_jk and where the
requested url in tomcat seems different from the one that is sent to
apache2.

In my case the url contains an "escaped" single quote (%27) like in
http://host/Peter%27Georges.Coppens

Tomcat however seems to receive http://host/Peter'Georges.Coppens which
thoroughly confuses my servlet.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this the intended behavior?

Any guidance would be warmly welcomed!

Thanks,

Peter

Re: mod_jk changes url?

Posted by Peter Coppens <pc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Rainer, that was indeed the "problem".

Peter

Re: mod_jk changes url?

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Hi Peter,

Re: wildcard certs in tomcat

Posted by Dima Retov <di...@axisway.com>.
Brian,

You should create CSR and KEY for *.yourdomain.com.

Submit CSR to CA

CA will send you CRT and may be CAcert.

You should install KEY, CRT and (if CA sent you CAcert)

Tomcat may work with 2 types of cert.

Java (keytool) certs. (tomcat without native connector) - these certs
are not tomcat specific. They are used by any Java app.

Openssl certs. (tomcat with native connector) These certs are similar to
Apache + Openssl or Apache + mod_ssl

Cheers,

Saturday, March 31, 2007, 1:25:55 AM, you wrote:

BL> Having problems with using a wildcard cert with Tomcat.  Same
BL> cert/key/bundle trio works in apache in the way that I expect it,
BL> but any docs I've found for Tomcat don't yield me a working
BL> system.  We lost a guy recently that was the web-min, so I'm a
BL> little out of my typical skillset in this venture.  All I've found
BL> online is half a billion people who are having problems doing it,
BL> but no actual solutions.

BL> And yes, I've read:
BL> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html

BL> I'm taking from it that I need to import with the server's
BL> csr, which means I need to sign the server's csr with the key
BL> associated with the wildcard cert.  Sounds great, but isn't
BL> working, no matter how I try it.  The word "wildcard" isn't even
BL> on the http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html page.

BL> NetSol doesn't even have advice on the issue; the support
BL> there said they could help me if I was using IIS, BEA, or various
BL> other things, but I guess Tomcat is ummm...too obscure for them,
BL> somehow.  Doesn't Tomcat have the highest market share?  Whatever,
BL> unrelated to the problem, I suppose.

BL> I'm happy to "RTFM" - but I can't find it in TFM.  And the
BL> web is too flooded with failed attempts to find the solutions.

BL> Brian L

Best regards,
 Dima                            mailto:dima@axisway.com

wildcard certs in tomcat

Re: mod_jk changes url?

Posted by Peter Coppens <pc...@gmail.com>.
Oh well, that was not too difficult.

If I add

  JkOptions +ForwardURICompatUnparsed

to the apache config, all is well again.

Apologies for the noise,

Peter