Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/24 10:24:58 UTC

Updated tutorial OpenMeetings 5.1.0 on Centos 8

Hello,

Is updated the tutorial:

Installation OpenMeetings 5.1.0 on Centos 8

...the old LibreOffice version is not in the server to download,
now is updated to 7.0.4.

If you use this tutorial and find error installation please download it
again.

As allways can find it at:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENMEETINGS/Tutorials+for+installing+OpenMeetings+and+Tools

Thanks

Alvaro

Re: Updated tutorial OpenMeetings 5.1.0 on Centos 8

Posted by GuruCoool Learnings <in...@gurucoool.com>.
>> you need to read: https://blog.panoply.io/a-comparative-vmariadb-vs-mysql

Thanks Mr. Ali!

Regards
Jitendra

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Updated tutorial OpenMeetings 5.1.0 on Centos 8

Posted by "support@mfmconsulting.eu" <su...@mfmconsulting.eu>.

Posted by Ali Alhaidary <al...@the5stars.org>.
Dear Jitendra,

Posted by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com>.
...and when you run:

Posted by GuruCoool Learnings <in...@gurucoool.com>.
  Oh, okay.
So, I can install mariadb and keep it working by giving commands to mysql
and vice-versa. That's amazing!

Regards
Jitendra

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Updated tutorial OpenMeetings 5.1.0 on Centos 8

Posted by GuruCoool Learnings <in...@gurucoool.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Updated tutorial OpenMeetings 5.1.0 on Centos 8

Posted by GuruCoool Learnings <in...@gurucoool.com>.
Hi,

Posted by jox joe <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 at 00:19, jox joe <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Maxim,
>
> >this one was answered in another thread :)
> I did not ask anything here. I just said something
> to Alvaro.
>
> >this one was answered in another thread :)
> Sorry, which thread do you mean?

I have feeling the beginning of the this email was the same as the email
with "test results" subject

> >please do not hijack mail threads
> >If you have new unanswered question please create new mail thread with
> clear title
> >(so other users can understand what this mail thread about)
> >
> >do not send same question to multiple unrelated mail threads
>
> Please do not forget that I am new in this mailing list.
> Maybe I do not know all rules in detail.
> I do not want to hijack mail threads intentionally.
> But I can make a mistake especially because I
> am a beginner here.
> Thank you for your great support.

This is why I'm trying to describe the rules :)

> >Backup/restore should take care of this
> >(just remember: there can't be too much backups :)))
> Thank you for your answer.
> I'm going to test the backup system. I haven't yet tested
> it thoroughly.
>
> Jox
>

> Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2021. jan.
> 24., V, 14:38):
>
>> Hello Jox,
>>
>> please do not hijack mail threads
>> If you have new unanswered question please create new mail thread with
>> clear title
>> (so other users can understand what this mail thread about)
>>
>> do not send same question to multiple unrelated mail threads
>>
>> On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 at 17:56, jox joe <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Alvaro,
>>> thank you for your tutorials.
>>> I used them to install OM
>>> about one year ago.
>>>
>>> Configuration:
>>> 1. OM 5.0.0-M4
>>> 2. Ubuntu 18.04
>>> 3. Mariadb
>>> 4. Kurento
>>> 5. Tomcat
>>> 6. Coturn
>>> 7. OpenJava

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Updated tutorial OpenMeetings 5.1.0 on Centos 8

Posted by jox joe <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Maxim,

>this one was answered in another thread :)
I did not ask anything here. I just said something
to Alvaro.

>this one was answered in another thread :)
Sorry, which thread do you mean?

>please do not hijack mail threads
>If you have new unanswered question please create new mail thread with
clear title
>(so other users can understand what this mail thread about)
>
>do not send same question to multiple unrelated mail threads

Please do not forget that I am new in this mailing list.
Maybe I do not know all rules in detail.
I do not want to hijack mail threads intentionally.
But I can make a mistake especially because I
am a beginner here.
Thank you for your great support.

>Backup/restore should take care of this
>(just remember: there can't be too much backups :)))
Thank you for your answer.
I'm going to test the backup system. I haven't yet tested
it thoroughly.

Jox

Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2021. jan. 24.,
V, 14:38):

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jox,

please do not hijack mail threads
If you have new unanswered question please create new mail thread with
clear title
(so other users can understand what this mail thread about)

do not send same question to multiple unrelated mail threads

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 at 17:56, jox joe <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Alvaro,
> thank you for your tutorials.
> I used them to install OM
> about one year ago.
>
> Configuration:
> 1. OM 5.0.0-M4
> 2. Ubuntu 18.04
> 3. Mariadb
> 4. Kurento
> 5. Tomcat
> 6. Coturn
> 7. OpenJava
> 8. Clients: Firefox, Chrome
>
> OM was not too stable.
> "Connection to MediaServer has been lost"
> was the typical error message.
>
> A couple of days ago we tested the OM server with two
> clients (Firefox, Chrome).
> But this time both client machines were connected
> to the router with Ethernet cable which means
> the WiFi was removed from the communication
> channel.
> Overall time of testing with Ethernet cable: 2 hours.
> Result: no disruption, it works like a charm.

this one was answered in another thread :)

> I want to upgrade OM
> but I am not sure whether I will be
> able to move some whiteboard material
> (without converting to PNG or PDF) to the new OM.

Backup/restore should take care of this
(just remember: there can't be too much backups :)))

> Jox

> Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2021. jan. 24., V, 9:25):
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> Is updated the tutorial:
>>
>> Installation OpenMeetings 5.1.0 on Centos 8
>>
>> ...the old LibreOffice version is not in the server to download,
>> now is updated to 7.0.4.
>>
>> If you use this tutorial and find error installation please download it
>> again.
>>
>> As allways can find it at:
>>

>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENMEETINGS/Tutorials+for+installing+OpenMeetings+and+Tools
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Alvaro

Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Updated tutorial OpenMeetings 5.1.0 on Centos 8

Posted by jox joe <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Alvaro,