Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi> on 2015/09/25 22:41:53 UTC

Maven POM revamp testing

Okay

I would like to push this through pretty quickly because maintaining a
massive bunch of poms in line with the trunk is going to be a pain in the
balls.

So I updated my branch to 0.11 and updates all the poms within that branch,
as such all the modules have been standardized on the latest version of a
specific dependency, you can find all of that in core/pom.xml

I've made a couple of minor changes to the test suite in a couple of
modules to make them run on JUnit 4 and also updated slf4j to the latest
version to fix a few missmatches and just cause it was bloody ancient.

Anyway the build passes.

Other than that I have done nothing to the build apart from sort all the
poms so the dependencies are easier to grok.

Can someone please inform me of what is required to get this signed off and
into trunk so I dont have to go through all of this again :)

I know one of the things Chris asked about was us importing all the spark
stuff again, this shouldn't happen, I haven't changed any imports on the
child poms just unified the versions and where they are declared, but to
try and offset that fear I did diff the structure of both my branch and the
trunk to try and prove there isn't any wild fluctuation in filesize, just
the minor differences you'd expect when supplying slightly different
dependencies.

Tom

Re: Maven POM revamp testing

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
I see the issue still open.
The code has not been committed.
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=oodt.git;a=heads
Also the Jira issue has not been updated.
There may be some tweaks... hooks that we need to iron out still.
Lewis

--
*Lewis*

Re: Maven POM revamp testing