Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Greg Woolsey <gr...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/20 23:00:16 UTC

XML Beans 3.0.3 candidate build

I have pushed xmlbeans 3.0.3 release candidate to:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/xmlbeans/xmlbeans/3.0.3/

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/xmlbeans/bin
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/xmlbeans/src

If those look good to folks, what do I do to "release" from staging in the
repository?  Do I just click the "Release" button in the web interface,
perhaps selecting "Public Repositories" if there is a prompt?

I assume I then modify site docs like site.xml, modifying 3.0.2 to 3.0.3,
then running forrest and committing.  It's my understanding we don't need
to do anything special to release the site changes?

Any other steps?  I'm thinking I should also commit what I've done in a
build instructions file so this thread and the previous one aren't the
source for future releases.

Maybe also mentioning the AdblockPlus Chrome and Firefox extensions break
nexus uploads unless you exclude the repository domain.  That cost me a bit
of time.

Re: XML Beans 3.0.3 candidate build

Posted by Greg Woolsey <gr...@gmail.com>.
Turns out the shell scripts *are* in the src zip, they are just moved to
/src/shell.  Andi did that to avoid a top-level folder called "bin" because
that conflicts with IDE default output folders.

I can leave it, and document the change in the README and CHANGES files, or
exclude that directory when building, and include it mapped to /bin, like
the xmlbeans-bin zip file.

Thoughts?  I lean toward moving it to /bin in the src zip, to match the bin
zip.  I'll work on that unless someone has a reason not to.

Posted by "pj.fanning" <fa...@yahoo.com>.
Calling the next release 3.1.0 seems sensible to me. +1

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: XML Beans 3.0.3 candidate build

Posted by Greg Woolsey <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Woolsey <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

Posted by Greg Woolsey <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Woolsey <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Woolsey <gr...@gmail.com>.
I took a brief look at the sheet name errors.  Looks like external
reference names, and HSSF doesn't throw a specific error when the external
reference workbook isn't defined, just returns -1 for the sheet index,
which then translates to an empty string for the sheet name, which
eventually fails validation.  Looks deeper than I want to touch at this
point, and not something anyone has complained about, so likely a rare use
case for now.  I'm OK with leaving it for a later release.

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.

Posted by "pj.fanning" <fa...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, to release the jars, you just need to run the release option in the
repository.apache.org UI.

I would suggest that we leave the jars in staging for a few days, just in
case someone spots any issues.

I've changed the POI build to use the xmlbeans 3.0.3 jars from staging and
the build seems fine, so far.

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html