Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andrew Boyer <ab...@Endeca.com> on 2007/07/24 20:20:33 UTC

module assembly

I have a project with three modules.  I've set up the modules so that
they correctly build their assembly using "mvn assembly:assembly".  When
I try to invoke assembly:assembly from the project (i.e. parent)
directory, it doesn't seem to call that target on the modules.  Am I
missing something here?

Thanks,

Andrew

Re: module assembly

Posted by John Casey <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrew,

assembly:assembly is an aggregator mojo, which means that it is limited by
design to only execute a single time per build, regardless of how many
modules are present in the reactor. What it sounds like you're looking for
is the assembly:single mojo, which has no such restriction, and can be bound
to the build lifecycle (usually in the 'package' phase) more cleanly as a
result.

Give it a try, and see what you think.

HTH,

-john