Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Siddharth Tiwari <si...@live.com> on 2012/09/08 10:05:21 UTC

Problem with one of teh datanodes

Hi users,

Suddenly I have started getting the following error on one of my datanodes. Can you please help me on this. Also, what could be probable cause and reasons for it to occur.

 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode: java.io.IOException: Incompatible namepaceIDs

Thank you !!!

*------------------------*

Cheers !!!

Siddharth Tiwari

Have a refreshing day !!!

Re: Problem with one of teh datanodes

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Siddharth,

This is a very common error faced by users after formatting namenode. You
need to clean up your dfs data directories across the cluster. This
discussion will help you resolve this:
http://search-hadoop.com/m/iAeEh1gvLE2/Incompatible+namepaceIDs&subj=RE+Incompatible+namespaceIDs+after+formatting+namenode

HTH,
Anil